We are not gourmet raw food chefs, nor would we ever dream of spending that kind of time in the kitchen. If it’s simple and easy, we love it. Below is a recipe for a great salad to make for yourself when you are short on time! You can use a traditional cheese grater or your food processor to shred the veggies to make the prep time even faster.
Try it will a drizzle of hemp seed oil, a squeeze of a lime and some high quality Himalayan sea salt and freshly ground cracked pepper. Easy, yummy and pretty!
With love and rainbow kisses,
Raw Rainbow Salad | Makes 1 Salad
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup sprouts of choice (alfalfa, broccoli, sunflower)
- 2 cups green of choice (arugula, spinach, mixed baby greens)
- Put the greens in the center of the plate.
- Arrange piles of zucchini, red cabbage, carrots and sprouts around the plate.
- Drizzle with your favorite dressing.
Variation: Use any veggies you’ve got in the fridge. Shred them and place them around a bed of greens. Place a side of hummus or kalamata olive tapenade around the edge of plate as well.