‘Tis the season…for brunch!
Chances are, you may be planning a Mother’s Day brunch gathering this week or next, and we have the perfect healthy entree that will look amazing on any brunch spread. The best part? It’s super easy to make!
Presenting…Sweet Potato Toast (3 Ways)!
Everyone is going nuts for avocado toast these days, so we’ve given it a healthy makeover by serving it on toasted slices of sweet potato! For those who are sensitive to avocado or aren’t as fond of it as we are, we’ve also topped our sweet potato slices with our fan-favorite Beet Hummus. And for those who are craving a sweeter snack, we’ve made a version topped with almond butter, banana, and cinnamon. Is your mouth watering yet? This recipe is one of our many 80:20 Lifestyle recipes! We’ve developed our 80:20 Lifestyle Program to maintain our vibrancy throughout the year. We eat consciously 80% of the time, then live life to the fullest, free from restrictions, the other 20%. Are you ready to get your brunch on?
With love and Mother’s Day wishes,
Sweet Potato Toast – 3 ways
- 1 large sweet potato, washed and dried
- ½ avocado
- Juice of ½ of a fresh lime
- Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- 2 TB. raw almond butter
- 1 banana
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 TB. of Beet Hummus
- Handful of arugula
- Juice of ½ of a fresh lemon
To prepare your sweet potato toast, preheat oven to 350°F. Trim both ends of the sweet potato. Slice sweet potato lengthwise into ¼-inch slices. Arrange slices in a single layer on wire rack or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are tender but not fully cooked. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn. Remove potatoes and allow them to cool before transferring them to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To assemble your Sweet Potato Toast, place desired number of sweet potato slices in toaster oven. Toast until edges are crispy. For Avocado Sweet Potato Toast, scoop out ½ of an avocado into a bowl, add lime juice, and mash. Spread mashed avocado onto the toasted sweet potato toast and then sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt. For Almond Butter Sweet Potato Toast, spread 2 TB of almond butter onto the toasted sweet potato. Top with sliced banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon. For Beet Hummus Sweet Potato Toast, spread 2 TB of the beet hummus onto the toasted sweet potato. Top with a handful of fresh arugula, lemon juice and a sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt.