Summertime weekends are our favorite times to dedicate to family – we love gathering together with our families for a big hearty breakfast or brunch before embarking on all those warm-weather outdoor adventures. That’s where this recipe comes in!
Jo’s daughter Ilse LOVES these pancakes – they’re the perfect special weekend brunch treat. They’re super easy to make and take less than 15 minutes of prep and cook time. A great recipe to whip up for a weekend breakfast in bed or laid-back stay-at-home brunch.
This recipe is lower in sugar than conventional pancakes but still satisfies any sweet tooth. These pancakes have no added sugars – the banana provides natural sweetness, plus stevia sweetens without added calories. They’re also totally gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan – allergy-friendly to the max!
Another unique aspect of this recipe is that it’s truly whole grain based – it only uses whole grain oats and buckwheat, no flour! This makes it less processed than traditional pancakes and a healthier option for you and your family.
These simple pancakes are delicious as is, or topped with fresh fruit (like sliced banana or blueberries) and chopped nuts (like walnuts or pecans). Because of food-combining rules, this recipe falls under our 80:20 eating plan.
The 80:20 is our formula for staying vibrant even when we’re not cleansing – we follow cleansing guidelines 80% of the time, and indulge in our favorite non-cleansing foods the other 20%.
With love and weekend pancakes,
Jo & Jules
Easy Oatmeal Banana Pancakes
Yield: 7-8 pancakes
- 1/2 cup gluten-free whole rolled oats
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 TB. flaxseeds
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 10 drops stevia or 2 TB maple syrup
- 1 TB. olive oil
Mix oats, milk, water, buckwheat, flaxseeds, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, banana, and stevia in a high speed blender until smooth. Heat olive oil in a skillet until shimmering. Pour batter, about ¼ cup per pancake, into the skillet and cook on medium-low for 2-3 minutes per side. Serve warm with maple syrup and more sliced bananas.
If you liked this recipe and would like to learn more about the Conscious Cleanse, we invite you to join our online community! As a welcome-gift, we’ll send you our Taste of the Conscious Cleanse Free eCookbook, a collection of more of our favorite recipes!
We’ll also be sure to share new recipes and healthy lifestyle tips. Welcome! We’re so glad you’re here.
Yes! I would love the free Taste of the Conscious Cleanse eCookbook.