People often ask us if we could only do one thing for our health everyday what would it be.
Now this is a toughie, and we might have a tie for first place, but topping the charts is our favorite morning beverage of choice – hot water with lemon.
The recipe is simple. We start with a 32 oz. mason jar of warm filtered water and then squeeze in the juice of ½ lemon. This has become a meditative morning ritual for us and as we sip on our drink we recall 10 things in our life that we’re grateful for. While the health benefits of this drink are numerous, the mindfulness that comes with our ritual is invaluable to our overall health and wellbeing.
During this holiday season, it’s easy to get off track and feel as if you’ve fallen off the proverbial wagon (all of our cleansers know that we don’t believe in those old fashion wagons anyway☺), so we like to stay positive, focus on the healthy choices and follow simple daily practices that keep us glowing.
Add this to your morning routine to feel your best. It’s painless, easy and takes less than 1 minute to make. We’ve all got that kind of time!
What healthy practices are you adding to your daily routine to keep you feeling your best this holiday season? Share with us in the comment section below. Remember your most vibrant health is not about getting it right or following rules to a “T”.
With tart lemon squeezes,
6 Splendid Reasons to Drink Hot Lemon Water
- Get the glow. Warm water first thing in the morning hydrates the body and plumps up your skin. Vitamin C from lemons helps to fight those nasty little free radicals associated with aging and wrinkles.
- Boost your energy naturally. You might be thinking, “Naturally? Heck no, I need my latte to get me buzzing”. Trust me when I say, that this one trick will give you boundless amounts of sustained energy, more than your beloved cup ‘o joe.
- Keep your digestive system happy as a clam. Warm water relaxes your bowels and stimulates your digestive system to contract and get things moving through your colon. Lemons encourage bile production, which is key in metabolizing your food. An added bonus is that waste equals weight, so the more you eliminate, the easier it is to maintain your perfect weight!
- Say goodbye to your seasonal cold and flu. Lemons are rich in vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin B6, all of which are key nutrients in keeping your immune system healthy. Warm water also helps to dissolve any mucus or phlegm in the body. Stuffy noses be gone!
- Feel good in your skinny jeans. Lemon acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. When you keep inflammation at bay, you’ll de-puff, easily release extra weight and feel good in your body.
- Get your detox on. Just like your car needs regular oil changes, your body needs regular cleansing. We love to do our ABC’s, meaning we look for ways to Always Be Cleansing on a daily basis. Lemons alkalize the body, helping you find a healthy pH, which is key to vibrant health.