Today I want to share a healthy holiday recipe that you can whip up for a holiday party or just sip on in front of a warm crackling fire. The irony in me developing this recipe is that I’ve never actually tasted the real thing.
Gasp! I know. But, not to worry – I used my official Conscious Cleanse taster, besides Jules of course, my husband Adam, to make this recipe just as creamy and delicious as the holiday original. As you might have read in previous blogs, he’s a foodie, he knows his way around the kitchen and has been skeptical that my healthy alternatives (remember the Mini Blueberry Chia Scones?) will come close to the “real thing.”
And in Adam’s words, “that ain’t gonna taste anything like the full on gluten, dairy, sugar, egg version, so don’t bother trying to fool me!”
But, I love a good challenge, so I went on mission to get the good ole’ thumbs up from Adam. And, what happened in the Conscious Cleanse Kitchen was… PURE MAGIC.
Not only did my Adam say, “whoa now that is GOOD,” but by the next day this Sweet and Sassy Vegan Eggnog mysteriously vanished.
And the winner goes to…me! Yet again, but who’s counting. :)
The dairy-free whip cream on top is that it’s chock full of ingredients that will help you keep your glow this holiday season in the face of too much sugar, stress and spirits.
- Maca reduces symptoms associated with adrenal fatigue, as well as helps to alleviate stress, anxiety and depression.
- Cinnamon stabilizes blood sugar and reduces LDL cholesterol.
- Nutmeg calms nerves and helps with sleep.
- Cashews are a good source of bioavailable iron and tryptophan. Move over turkey, you can get your happy serotonin boost from these power packed nuts.
- Vanilla boosts libido. You, your sweetie, warm crackling fire, eggnog – you get the picture.
I hope you enjoy this healthy holiday drink and that it makes you FEEL good! This time of year is also about taking care of yourself, so remember one of the central questions of the Conscious Cleanse and ask yourself “how will this food make me feel?”
Have a happy holiday! And as always please leave us a little love note in the comments section below.
With sweet sassy nutty kisses,
Sweet and Sassy Vegan Egg Nog
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup dates
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 TB. maca
- Cinnamon stick for garnish (optional)
Soak cashews for 4 hours. In a high-speed blender combine, cashews, dates, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, vanilla and maca. Pour into a festive glass, garnish with a cinnamon stick, if using and enjoy!