Although it may look like the inside of a lawn mower, this smoothie is without a doubt chock full of green goodness. After just a few days of having a daily dose, I am already noticing a difference in the skin on my face. And it kept me feeling full and satisfied all day long! This is a great savory smoothie for those of you who don’t tolerate too much fruit sugar.
Check out the Glowing Green Smoothie recipe below and Kimberly’s book, The Beauty Detox Solution.
The Glowing Green Smoothie | Yields 2 Quarts
- 1 ½- 2 cups very cold, filtered water
- 6 cups spinach, chopped
- 5 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 stalks of organic celery
- 1 organic apple, cored and chopped (I recommend choosing apple or pear, not both)
- 1 organic pear, cored and chopped
- 1 organic banana
- 1–2 Tbs. fresh organic lemon juice
- Few drops of stevia
- Ice cubes (the extra coldness can help newbies with the taste)
- 1/2 cup of organic cilantro
- 1/2 cup of organic parsley
Add water, spinach and chopped romaine to the blender. Starting the blender on a low speed; mix until smooth. Gradually move to higher speeds and add the herbs, celery, pear, and apple. Add the banana and lemon juice last.
Learn more about the fabulous (not to mention hot!) Kimberly Snyder at her website kimberlysnyder.net