5 Simple Tips for Having a Conscious Thanksgiving

This time of year it’s super easy to get wrapped up in all of the holiday hype – the meal planning, the grocery shopping, the gift buying, the steals and deals, the lights, the travel – the list goes on!

Facebook Posts_Thanksgiving-01 On Thanksgiving there is a lot of preparation that goes into one single meal. A meal that sometimes leaves us feeling stressed out and anxious not to mention bloated and hung over.

This year, try our 5 simple tips for having a Conscious Thanksgiving and don’t rip yourself off of experiencing the true meaning of the holiday.

In addition to all the delicious food, take time to acknowledge all of your blessings. Stay present and enjoy the time you have with your loved ones. Give thanks for your health and vibrancy.

We’re grateful for YOU, our health, good food, family and friends. What are you grateful for? Tell us about it in the comment section below.

Wishing you and yours a blessed Thanksgiving,

Jules_Sig_pink

5 Simple Tips for Having a Conscious Thanksgiving

  • Start Your Day Right: Start the day with a big green smoothie or veggie juice and keep it light for the rest of the day so that when it comes time to feast, you’re good and hungry. Before your festivities begin, load up on lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Also, get your body moving, break a sweat, do some yoga, take a run with a friend.
  • Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate: Drink at least ½ your body weight in ounces of water throughout the day and be sure to have a big glass about 30 minutes before you sit down to the dinner table. This will stoke your digestive fire by hydrating your stomach wall getting it ready to go to work. Also, if you are going to indulge in some adult beverages (our first choice is a nice organic wine), be sure to follow each drink with a big glass of water.
  • Plan Ahead: Visualize in your mind how you want this festive day to go by seeing yourself making healthy choices, enjoying good food and company, eating slowly, laughing and savoring every moment. Decide ahead of time if you’re going to eat in good food combinations (see tip #4), if you’re going gluten-free or dairy-free, and lastly, make a healthy alternative to a traditional dish, one that you love (and one that will love you back!) and share it with everyone.
  • Eat in “Easy In Easy Out” Food Combinations: Eat your veggies with your starches or your veggies with your protein. Choose one route and you won’t end up in a food coma. At a minimum, start your meal with a large green salad and avoid any fruit-based desserts for at least 3 hours after your meal (yes, I’m talking about apple pie!). Try our raw chocolate pecan pie instead.
  • Practice the 80:20 Rule: The 80:20 says that 80% of the time you follow conscious eating guidelines for your personal blueprint of vibrant health, while the other 20% of the time you enjoy your favorite foods without the guilt. Thanksgiving is just 1 day. Commit to indulging just one day versus eating leftovers all weekend and your body will be able to recover from the big feast much faster than it would otherwise.
Related Posts

Leave a Comment